I didn’t participate in 30 days of thankfulness during the month of November, but began composing a list in my head as I read friends’ Facebook posts and blog entries about the many good things in their lives. While I was thinking of the things and people who should be on my own list, I was also brainstorming for a way to extend the new technology-driven tradition beyond the month of November. So here are a few of the things, animals and people I am — or at least should be — thankful for each and every day. I plan to add to the list through the new month and new year and revisit it in thankless times to come.
1. I am thankful for my boyfriend. He’s paid for more than his fair share of beer, burgers and bloody marys over the past few years so I could pursue part-time professoring and full-time freelance writing.
2. I am thankful for my so-far successful return to professional writing and reporting after a decade-long detour into teaching.
3. I am thankful for my mom who is in good health and good spirits after a life-changing move to a retirement home this summer.
4. I am thankful for my sister and her family. They have provided countless hours of logistical and moral support to both me and our mom before and since the move.
5. I am thankful for my cat Lucy. Lucy Cat, who has been a faithful and fun companion through one failed relationship, three states and nearly a half dozen moves, even decided to stay close to home this summer rather than yet again answering the call of the wild while we were on vacation.
Although, as made evident by this video, she was less than happy about it.
One thought on “More Than Thirty Days of Thankfulness”
After going over a few of the blog posts on your website, I seriously appreciate your way of blogging.
I saved as a favorite it to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back
in the near future. Please visit my website as well and let me know how